Staking Engineer (Construction Project Management/Estimator)
- - Engineering
- Franklin, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Johnson County Rural Electric Membership Corporation has an opening for the position of Staking Engineer in the Engineering Department. This position requires residential and distribution system background.
Duties include meeting with developers and members in regards to the installation of facilities, draft staking sheets, facility layouts and to produce material sheets for construction projects. Maintain, correct and update distribution system circuit diagram and consumer location maps as needed. Serve as dispatcher while working inside the headquarters building and also during outage situations occurring outside normal business hours.
The Staking Engineer will also be responsible for scheduling appointments for new construction, upgrades, relocating and maintaining of fiber facilities and providing cost estimates for jobs to be completed. Design, stake and inspect line extensions, subdivision layouts, service drops, and relocation and maintenance jobs for new and existing fiber extensions.
Associates degree or equivalent training in electrical or electronics engineering, or equivalent experience and willingness and ability to take relevant outside courses in those subjects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and attain the position objective. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to perform the functions of design, staking and inspecting facilities.
- Must have the ability to operate a personal computer to obtain and analyze system load studies.
- Must be capable of maintaining system maps.
- Must possess a knowledge of the National Electrical Code and the National Electrical Safety Code.
- Must be capable of communicating effectively with management, employees, members, personnel from other organizations and with the general public.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts